Hokkaido Milk Bread – Light and fluffy pull-apart Japanese bread that is easy to make! This milk bread recipe uses the tangzhong roux method which helps create a tender loaf of bread that’s perfect with a bit of butter on it for breakfast!
- 1/4 tablespoon bread flour
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast 1 yeast packet
- 1 tablespoon dry milk powder or sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk room temperature
- 1 egg room temperature and beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- Heavy cream or melted butter
For full instructions you can go to mildlymeandering.com.