The ice cream is flavored with just a bit of almond extract which I could seriously wear as a perfume and not get sick of it. Then, when the ice cream is almost finished, melted chocolate that has been thinned out with some oil is drizzled in. As it churns, it creates these nice, delicate little flecks of dark chocolate throughout the finished ice cream. So delicious!
Yield: 12 half cup servings
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted almonds, chopped
For full instructions you can go to lovelylittlekitchen.com.